Today I want to share my daily face care routine as a busy mom of 2.
We all know motherhood comes with a lot of changes. Less time to eat good nutritious food, or to think about hydrating properly. The long days and sleepless nights. The ever surging and changing hormones.
The fact alone that you are now responsible for feeding and breathing another human, who has the time to take care of themselves anymore or ever REMEMBER to do so even if you wanted to.
I never had the perfect skin, although I’m lucky to say I’ve never had bad acne neither. I am prone to breakouts especially on my forehead. But before having kids I had all the time in the world to pamper myself.
When I was pregnant and in between the two kids (it wasn’t a large gap, haha) my skin cleared up 100%, yes I was glowing and not a pimple in sight. I hoped that it would be the change that stayed.
NOPE, that went out the window about 4 months postpartum after I had Sophie. Tired and exhausted from having a newborn and an even busier toddler, I just simply couldn’t keep up with the skin routines that I used pre-babies.
But in all honesty I didn’t feel the best about the way I looked.
So here are 5 TIPS that I utilize every day to help my skin look vibrant.
- Find a product that works for you. If you are going to be using 10 different types of cream you will burn out and not keep up. Find 1/2 products that work and stick with them.
- Base your beauty routine around the time you brush your teeth at morning and night. I apply the face mask before I brush my teeth, wash it off when I’m finished, a quick toner, cream, and I am done. This takes me 2.5 minutes twice a day!
- Remember how you look is how you feel. 5 minutes a day is WORTH it.
- HYDRATE: as a busy mom we tend to forget to drink. Especially if you are breastfeeding you are probably not drinking enough. Drinking enough water can make night and day difference for your skin.
- MOISTARIZE: the best trick for me was to put my moisturizer on the change table so overtime I did a diaper change I just put a bit on my face and hands.
You might ask WHAT products work?
When Jennifer from Rodan and Fields contacted me about trying out some products, I decided to give it a try. She asked me to describe my skin and what I would like to improve and inquired what products I already used. She then shipped me the REDEFINE regiment.
Within a few days of use my skin cleared up and my face started looking more fresh, supple, and less tired. I got my glow back and I promise you there ain’t no buns baking in my oven 😛
The whole process is pretty easy. Morning and night before I brush my teeth, I apply the scrub/mask. I keep it on while I brush my teeth and wash it off right after. Then just a quick toner, cream, and you’re done.
It’s as simple as remembering to brush your teeth.
I’m so happy to have my glowing skin back.
You can take a look at what Rodan and Fields has to offer and talk to Jennifer about you skin go HERE.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.