So since it’s been raining WAY too much this summer, I thought I would share a few things we do indoors to keep entertained.
- We stay in bed in the morning EXTRA long. We upgraded to a king size this year and now EVERYONE fits in perfect.
- Our amazing teepee we got the girls for X-Mas has been great. Both girls love hanging out in there. We all cram in there and look at books. And Ava is obsessed with turning on the little lights.
- We love making pillow and blanket forts. What kid doesn’t? Although putting the house back together after isn’t as fun.
- Girls love to jump in Sophie’s crib. Keeps them entertained for at least 30 minutes at a time and all I have to do is sit there and stare.
- As much of a task as it sounds, cleaning is something that both my kids enjoy doing. Sophie loves pushing that vacuum cleaner and Ava is a pro duster. Ava always helps me do the laundry ( damn I wish the girl could fold tho )But perhaps the most favorite house chore for both is unloading the dishwasher.
- If our cabin fever really gets to us we love setting out for a small rainy day walk, cuz sometimes you just gotta get out.
- I’m not a fan of giving my kids too much TV time but on a rainy day, ya gotta do whatcha gotta do. Latest favorite is Lillo and Stich, perhaps it’s the Elvis and Hawaiian dancing that always can fix the rainy day blues.
What are some of your tips to kick the rainy day blues?