One question I get asked all the time is WHO TAKES YOUR PHOTOS?
Well, SURPRISE it’s ME… And my wonderful husband.
Taking pictures of your kids is not the easiest thing in the world, after all they have a mind of their own and HELLLOOOOO temper 😉
Since I’ve done it a time or two, I am sharing a few easy tips I feel help me have the best experience taking pictures of my kids.
I feel like taking family and kids photo’s is SO important, but we don’t always have the money OR the time to be going to a photographer. And these days so many of us own good cameras and lets admit an iPhone does a pretty darn good job as well.
Here are a few tips I have to make your life easier when you are trying to set up your own mini photo shoot with your kids.
Easy Tips for Creating a Photo Shoot with your Kids
- Make sure your kids are fed, slept and diapered – you want to start off on a good note after all
- Make a photoshoot into a game – a scavenge hunt or hide and seek
- Have snacks ready – if someone is starting to get cranky a cookie is always a sure way to get a few more smiles out
- Shoot in natural light – set up by the window or in a well lit room to get the best effects and avoid grain
- Employ help – get someone else fixing up the props and the kids while you are shooting away
- Get your camera settings in order before you start the photoshoot. You dont want to miss “the moment” by fumbling with your camera settings or trying to free your memory card
- Take advantage of candid – photos with kids rarely turn out what you planned but the best is catching kids truly enjoying themselves
Happy snapping and if you have any questions at all I would LOVE to hear from you !!
P.S. How cute is this little baby doll pram from Valco Baby Canada, makes THE perfect prop!!