Just because it’s disgusting rainy and cold outside, I’m reminiscing on the warm days of early fall and list some of the picnic essentials that I can’t live without!!
It seems like it hasn’t stopped raining in WEEKS and my main wardrobe item is my gum boots. When I stumbled on to these photos, they instantly made me happier, it’s amazing how much emotion some images can carry in them.
I am hoping for a few warm days soon so we can venture back out again.
There is just something magical about being outside and eating outside. I think my most vivid childhood memories were always made outdoors. Whether its going to the beach, falling into the pile of leaves, or having fun in the snow. I am grateful I live in a place where I am surrounded by so many endless outdoor opportunities. I am a BIG believer in having as much outdoor fun with your kids as possible. There is something about fresh air for kids that makes them a little less crazy, hehe.
We have the most gorgeous field that backs onto our house and we often make a little picnic out there.
Here are some picnic essentials that we love to take with us:
- The beautiful leather mat is from Gathre (shop mine HERE). I love how easy it is to take everywhere. To clean it, you just give it a wipe and you’re done! Psss, I’m GIVING AWAY one on FACEBOOK so don’t miss your chance..
- Matching dresses are Mavis and Olive, cuz twinning is winning! They are originally meant to be a cute shirt, but the girl was so nice and made them into dresses for me.
- Strollers are Triokid, both my kids are obsessed, hence why we have two.
- Backpack Diaper Bag Petunia Pickle Bottom.
- Cooler bag is IKEA (it was from a summer collection so its out of stock for now)
- Munchkin Snack Cups are life savers all day everyday!!
- Radio Flyer Trycile, both my kids LOVE the tassels 🙂
Here’s hoping good weather is around the corner.